Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Morning After


J has a huge sweet tooth and has been, for the longest time, dying to try out this small little donuterie tucked away in Chinatown. I’ve always been hesitant to go because it’s in a rather sketchy area… but oh the things I do for my boyfriend. I have to say I was right though! We got hustled by this guy trying to convince us to give him $10 for the $1.25 worth of change he had. Scary! I seem to have this affinity with hobos… I have been intentionally frightened by one, body slamed by another.. and the list goes on. And yet every year I still try to convince J to go out giving goody bags to them with me for Christmas. Ohwell.
Anyways, I’ve never been quite the donut fan (Krispy Kreme is the only exception!) but I have say these are relatively good! A little doughier than Krispy Kreme but nice rich flavours all around. We started with half a dozen the night before and well.. here’s what was left the morning after. We like tasting a bit of everything at one shot ;)

2 comments:

  1. your photos look so delectable!! i'm not huge on donuts either but will never say no to a warm krispy kreme. if you are ever in so cal you have to try blueberry donuts from M&M--my other exception!!

    i love your photography btw and am following your blog. hope you post more!

    xx

    freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you enjoyed the donuts! :D The donuts look yumm! Nice post! (:

    Your blog is great! :)

    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de/
    xx ♥

    ReplyDelete